The Philadelphia Engineering Foundation, in conjunction with the Delaware Valley Engineers Week Committee of the Engineers’ Club of Philadelphia, administers several awards for students and teachers. All award recipients are recognized at the Delaware Valley Engineers Week Awards Luncheon, held the Friday before Engineers Week in mid-February. Calls for nominations are normally issued in the summer or early fall, with applications / nominations due in mid-November. Check out the DVEW Awards page for details on nominations and current award amounts.
Except for the Neal Scholarship, students and teachers must be attending or teaching at a school in the Delaware Valley, defined as Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties in Pennsylvania and Burlington, Camden, Gloucester, Mercer and Salem counties in Southern New Jersey. There is no geographical limitation for the Neal Scholarship.
For more information on these awards, contact:
- Scholarships: Carol Martsolf, 215-922-8081, x1218
- Student Papers: Eleanor Small
- High School Students and Math, Science, and Engineering Teachers: Ernie Hanna, 215-591-3800, ext 3612
Three endowed scholarships
- Pennoni / John Morrison Memorial Scholarship: Pennoni Associates, Inc. annually awards the Pennoni / John Morrison Memorial Scholarship to a civil engineering student from one of the Delaware Valley engineering schools
- Lewis A. Caccese Scholarship: The Lewis A. Caccese Scholarship was established by friends and colleagues of Lewis Caccese to honor him for his distinguished service to engineering, including the Philadelphia District of the Corps of Engineers.
- Walter G. Neal, Jr. Memorial Scholarship: The Walter G. Neal, Jr. Memorial Scholarship is available only to Engineers’ Club members and their immediate families (spouse or children) for engineering-related courses. “Member” includes any employee of a corporate member, contingent upon being an employee at the time the application is submitted.
Three scholarships are supported by annual contributions:
- DVEW Undergraduate Scholarship, including community colleges (at least two scholarships are awarded)
- DVEW / American Society of Civil Engineers Scholarship
Certificates of award and monetary prizes are offered for technical and/or engineering-related papers written by engineering undergraduate students.
A cash award is presented to two outstanding high school students, one male and one female.
Small cash awards are presented to outstanding math, science, and engineering teachers, teaching in grades 6 through 12.